Friday 1 December 2006

Laura's snow

It came, that promised snow. Some places got 18 inches; I haven’t heard our official count yet. I cannot open my back door, if that is a clue.

In my paranoia that one of my clients will actually try to bring their children to me today, in spite of the interstate and major hiways being closed, I was out shoveling at 6:00 a.m. It is like, 12 degrees outside, but I only felt it for the first couple of minutes. After that, it was all about the dance of the snow and the shovel. It was a beautiful thing!

I couldn’t do it all at once,there is simply too much of it. So, if I do two more dances today, does that count as exercising three times, or only one? Okay, I know that wouldn’t be right, and that sore muscles and sweat are their own reward, but I’m grasping at straws here….. we are out of milk. No hot chocolate for the Lady.:( Not even any milk in my coffee.

This is a day that could go either way: sensationally snowily silent, or cold, crabby, and crowded. But it shore is pretty.

000_1225.jpg Remember those little Christmas trees? Look close and you can still see their tops.

000_1217.jpg My labor!

*Edit: If anyone is interested, I have more pics on my blog and I’m sure there will be even more later. The sun is shining brightly and it is gorgeous out there!

No comments: