Sunday 25 February 2007

choose your exercise carefully (Tracy)

I started up with Curves again this week, and managed to get there 3 times. But since I’ve been a member of Curves before, and I had to try something NEW for this week, I thought - a-ha! We have that tape - the one that we got as a gag gift at our 40th birthday party last year…

Big mistake.

I had a few chances to rethink this decision. The first was when I dug it out of the video drawer. It’s an old workout tape, entitled Abs, abs, abs. Given that my abs are among the weakest area in my entire body, I should have run away first.

But no, I thought - I can at least try it.

Then I saw the woman starring in this. Her name is Tamilee - and she was quite in shape and showing every muscle. Not a good idea.

But no, I thought - I can at least try it.

Then we had the warmup. She explained that there would be levels within the workout. A-ha - I’ll do the beginner stuff only and I’ll be fine, I thought.

Right.

I barely survived the warmup. I am in pitiful shape. It did remind me that I do like aerobics. But I need something that isn’t quite as… aggressive.

Then it came time for the first set of abs exercises.

Ouch.

I barely made it through the beginner stuff. And laid there wishing for the workout to end.

During the second round of exercises, I finally wised up and listened to my body. This is too advanced for me, even at the beginner stuff.

I plan to go to the library and get an aerobic tape - something that I have more of a chance with. I enjoyed trying something, and only wish that I could have completed it. But then, if I could do it completely well, and had a body like hers already - well, then I wouldn’t need to lose half my weight, would I?

But now I have written about my inepititude and inability to complete this, so I hope it counts anyway. And if at first you don’t succeed - try try again.

And the moral of this story is to be more careful than I was in choosing what you will try!

2 Comments »

  1. Tracy…way to go, I had such a hard time too last week with a new workout and was barley making it trough the “easy” stuff. But you gave it your all and that is what counts. Before you know it you will be breezing through.

    Comment by Kellie — February 26, 2007 @ 10:06 am

  2. Tracy, I applaud your efforts!!!! Now be careful! :lol: But seriously, be proud of yourself for stepping out and trying that tape!!

    Comment by blestwithsons — February 26, 2007 @ 2:37 pm

No comments: