Wednesday 21 February 2007

Currently on my Ipod (ANNE)

I needed to hear this today:

Jesus, I Come

Out of my bondage, sorrow and night / Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into thy freedom, gladness and light / Jesus I come to thee
Out of my sickness, into thy health / Out of my wanting, into thy wealth
Out of my sin and into thyself / Jesus I come to thee

Out of my shameful failure and loss / Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into the glorious gain of thy cross / Jesus I come to thee
Out of earth’s sorrows, into thy balm / Out of life’s storms, and into thy calm
Out of distress into jubilant song / Jesus I come to thee

Out of unrest and arrogant pride / Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into thy blessed will to abide / Jesus I come to thee
Out of myself to dwell in thy love / Out of despair into raptures above
Upward forever on wings like a dove / Jesus I come to thee

Out of the fear and dread of the tomb / Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into the joy and light of thy home / Jesus I come to thee
Out of the depths of ruin untold / Into the peace of thy sheltering fold
Ever thy glorious face to behold / Jesus I come to thee

Words: William Sleeper
Music (if you’re listening to my iPod or to this CD): Greg Thompson

No comments: