Monday 11 September 2006

On being Active

Ok ladies, I realize that I really haven’t contributed too much lately but I was inspired at my WW meeting tonight. So now I want to inspire you too. (Or at least try.) :)

Tonight our leader talked about all of the little things we can do to stay active, no matter where you are. Home, work, functions, you name it. Things like going out to walk the dog or playing with your kids. Or even walking through the house to the bathroom that is farthest from you at the time. Taking the steps at work, if you work, parking farther away at the store (or work). Walking to your mail box instead of driving up to it when you get home.

They even talked about standing in line at the grocery store, you can rock back and forth with your feet or bounce. I know, I thought that all of the other people would think I was crazy too but who cares! The possibilities are endless. So think about your day and talk it out and come up with ways to be active all the time. We can do this!

(She had so many more ideas but I just can’t think about them right at this moment, if I think of more then I will post more.) Be creative!

PS. I think that I am going to join a local gym here tomorrow. At least go take the tour, we’ll see! I am ready to start firming this flabbiness up a little. Anyone with me?

Have a great week guys and get active!

1 Comment »

  1. You’re absolutely right - we should be looking for ways to be active. You know, I do ab flexes while I drive lol. I pull ‘em in and see if I can hold it all the way to my destination. Sometimes I’ll realize I got distracted and then I’ll pull it in again. Of course, there are times too where I get distracted but when I remember again I realize I’m still holding my stomach in lol. I do this sitting at the computer too…like right now :o )

    Let us know how it goes at the gym!

    Comment by Blair — September 12, 2006 @ 8:10 am

No comments: