Saturday 11 November 2006

better late than nver (Tracy)

Filed under: Challenges � Tracy @ 3:00 pm

I’ve been enjoying all the pictures and plan to join in later. This computer is slow and on dial-up, and it doesn’t even have a USB port. To put a picture on this computer, I have to go on the laptop, get the pictures from the camera there, then burn a disk! I also don’t have any current pictures right now, and I am not taking one today. If you read my blog at all, you know already that I’m dealing with an outbreak of hives and angioedema type swelling. We have managed to beat them back with Benedryl and Tagamet, and a big steroid shot (ouch). But my face and especially my eyelids are still swollen, and I can’t stand the thought of putting my current visage on the Internet. If I can locate a picture on the laptop, I’ll put it up - otherwise it will have to wait until I’m not so beat up by the hives.

Anyway, I decided that I’d best put up my challenge answers - better late than never. I had written these last month and changed them a bit, but I think it is helping already. I am the chef on Thanksgiving this year, for my family and my father-in-law, so I get to plan the menu. I’ve already decided on the dessert - it will be apple pie - a dessert I can actually refuse easily (apple pie is okay, but really not one I yearn to eat!).

Reasons I MUST change:

  • I want to be healthier. I know that losing weight would help several of my health issues. For example, I am hypothyroid. Losing weight will me keep my thyroid hormone levels in a good range.
  • I want to be a good example for my family, especially my daughter.
  • I want to look better. I don’t like what I see in the mirror or in photographs. I want my physical image to reflect the person I see inside.
  • I want to feel better I am tired of feeling out of breath and not being able to keep up with my family. I slow them down and I want to speed things up instead!

By December 25, 2006 I will: (give specific/realistic goal)

  • I want to reach 239.
  • I will check on the local gym options (ADD Life, Curves, University) and see if any of them will fit our budget, and if any of them have child care or are open at a time when my dh can watch the toddler.
  • I will check on the videotape options at the library for aerobics.
  • I will be on all my medications, especially the Metformin (which helps with glucose intolerance, which will help me lose weight more easily as well).

List 5 accomplishments needed to reach my Goal(s):

  • I will exercise at least 5x a week. This can be either biking, walking, or dancing in the living room to music.
  • I will spend time with God daily.
  • I will drink at least 80 oz of water daily.
  • I will stop drinking beverages that contain caffeine.
  • I will plan meals for myself and the family that are appropriate for me to eat. And we will eat out less.

movie island predatorreasons movies rating ofsequel resident movie evildirectory sublime moviesgallerie fuck movies teenmovies fuck teenmovie teen gallerieswoman in movies whipped Map

3 Comments »

  1. Give up CAFFEINE?! :shock: Are you mad?! :lol:
    I assume this has to do with your meds and such?

    Great goals, girl! And get better quick!

    Comment by blestwithsons — November 11, 2006 @ 4:40 pm

  2. Yay! Go Tracy :-) And I hope all the hives and that clear up really soon.

    Comment by Debs — November 12, 2006 @ 6:50 am

  3. Hi!

    I was doing a search for “angioedema” and found this posting…I also have ideopathic angioedema and a weight problem that I have been trying to shed….but find that it’s darn near impossible (I’ve been “steady” for more than six months, no matter what I do). Any suggestions?

    Thanks, and be swell-free!
    Diana

    Comment by Diana — January 2, 2007 @ 3:06 pm

No comments: