Wednesday 8 November 2006

Music is your friend

I have had such a fun time today (and it’s still going, I just sat down for a quick drink - water of course!) My aim for today was to do lots of housework and a couple of trips out to the bank and maybe the post office. (The little boy I usually look after on a Tuesday and a Wednesday is away, so I’ve got a couple of days at home.)

I switched on the radio and I’ve pretty much danced and jumped and skipped my way all over the house, picking things up and sorting things out. The radio station I’m listening to has non-stop music at this time of the day so that really helps. I told myself I could do anything to tidy up so long as it didn’t keep me in the same place for more than a couple of minutes, and I went the long way round to take it to where it needed to go!

So if there were two things I needed to take upstairs, I took them one at a time. And as I did the drying up I put the things away in the cupboards one at a time, dancing all over the kitchen while I did it. I realise it’s not ideal if you actually need to get stuff done quickly, but for me it’s been fantastic exercise and I’m having great fun! :grin: Right, I’m off to do some more dancing…

1 Comment »

  1. Debs, I’m just lovin’ you!

    Comment by Tami — November 8, 2006 @ 7:29 am

No comments: