Friday 26 January 2007

HAppy Half-Day

Your half-day is, of course, the day that is six months from your birthday. :grin: So today is our blog half-day! And yesterday was my South Beach Half-Day. Amazing how much a life can change in six months, isn’t it? Let’s see….

In Six Months

  • I’ve lost about 53 pounds
  • I’ve gone from a size 20 to a 10/12
  • I’ve discovered my jawline and my collar bones! :razz:
  • I’ve seen a marked decrease in my tendency towards depression. My moods are still there but are significantly milder and of shorter duration. In other words, I’m much more positive.
  • I’ve found myself running! I run, pushing the shopping cart laden with groceries and small children, to the car in parking lots. I run from building to building at church (when no one’s looking, mind you). I run up and down the stairs at home…. It feels good!
  • I dance a lot too!
  • I like my appearance much more, so I care for it more. I enjoy dressing up and putting on makeup.
  • I’m - uh- friendlier to my husband. :oops:
  • I’ve been told that I come across as more confident.
  • I feel like I can conquer other molehills/mountains in my life. (with God’s help, of course
  • I’ve gotten addicted to asparagus
  • I’ve also gotten fairly addicted to daily exercise
  • I’ve discovered that life’s celebrations don’t have to be about the food
  • I’ve enjoyed to the utmost getting to fellowship with YOU!!

I’m sure there’s more…. But that’s all I can think of right now!

1 Comment »

  1. WOW!!! WELL DONE!!!

    It has been awhile since I have checked in, and BAM!, I see your progress. Has it been 6 months already? (Here is where I lament not starting with you 6 months ago.)
    Congratulations on your new lifestyle.
    I too like the monotony. In my success doing PRISM, years ago, I ate oatmeal or sm. omelette for breakfast, pb&j rice-cakes for lunch, teriyaki chicken w/veg over riced for dinner. It still sounds yummy!

    Comment by Roberta — January 27, 2007 @ 2:41 pm

No comments: