Friday 5 January 2007

Mini Update (ha) (KAT)

Good Morning OWOA Ladies (said in my best Ty Pennington voice)!

So many updates online – people to be praying for (hugs to you Mandi!!!), cool pictures (y’all are cute Blest and Stephanie!), and thank you always for the encouragement in life (lady laura, blair, debs, leanne, and others!).

The holiday time was not so “great” in some ways, but good in others. The diet went out the window – which was entirely my fault. The only thing I was consistent about was water, vitamins, and my personal devotion time. I am thankful to be on the right course again today – but why oh why do I allow sin to creep in to the point of turning away from good. Of course I know the answer… not fully being where I need to be with Christ, and relying on myself!

So, the fam did a jaunt up to Northern MI, and while a 9 hour drive isn’t THAT bad – I was so glad to arrive! While there, corporate decided that DH would be transferred up there, and with having needing to step down from our church family – we are in a position of needing to move. But boy, am I struggling with the idea! I personally LOVE the idea of moving, new place, fresh people, all the fun stuff of getting settled into the community – but NORTHERN MI?!?!??!! Where the AVERAGE snowfall per season is 200 inches?!?!?!?! Have I ever mentioned how I love the wonderful states of UT, AZ, and TX? I LOOOOVE desert!

Anyway – please pray for my attitude. I know that this is where the Lord is opening doors right and left. However, I very selfishly don’t want to leave my house, kindred sister friends, DD’s christian school, fabulous environment, cheese curds, ahem…

So with this wonderful (I keep reminding myself it is!) change coming up in May – please pray that I can be consistent and not look at this challenge as possible defeating and a downward spiral of not taking care of myself.

Looking forward to getting back to normal!

Katie

3 Comments »

  1. Kat, I so know what you mean about being excited to start a new adventure and being less than enthusiastic about leaving what you know. And winters like that? Uh, I would need an extra portion of strength for that! Snow is pretty to look at and all that, but enough is enough already. :)

    I will be praying for you!

    Comment by lady laura — January 5, 2007 @ 9:40 am

  2. I see the heat like I see the cold…too much gets old either way. Lived in the “heat” for much of my life and I’m quite sick of it myself.

    I know it’s hard to leave (btdt many times) - I’ll pray your transition is a smooth one. We’re in the midst of transition also ((hugs)).

    Comment by Blair — January 5, 2007 @ 10:03 am

  3. Kat - I live in Northeastern Ohio and we get the lake effect snow….so I can slightly relate. I say slightly because this year has just been abnormally absent of snow. (I think we can thank El Nino or El Nina…who knows??!) Today it is supposed to go up to 60!! (Yeah that means squat for you Texans…..but normally it is about -20 here right now). I’ll be praying that you adjust to the idea of moving. (As far as I’m concerned ANYWHERE is Mi*%$gan is bad…) HA! Woody Hayes is laughing with me.

    Comment by Mandi — January 5, 2007 @ 11:56 am

No comments: