Sunday 24 June 2007

C25K: Week 12! (Missy)

On your mark …

If you’re still on the original plan, you should be running 24 minutes/ walking 6 minutes, plus a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down.  The fun starts next week when we are challenged to run all of 15 minutes straight!  I’m scared to death and excited at the same time!  I suspect that many of us at this point are at many different places in our exercise regime and stamina.  But what ever it is, its gotta be better than nothing. :)

I just have to take a minute to applaud Anne.  She has been such an encouragement to me, as I am sure she has been for you.  I am amazed how well she remembers so many of our goals and struggles and encourages and challenges us through them.  I am so grateful that she dared me to do this.  I’m no athlete anymore, but I can see a glimpse of my former self not so far away.  Thanks, Anne!

I’m not so good with the details of your journey as Anne, but I will try to encourage and challenge ‘til her return to full participation from California.  Please let us know how you are doing on the current plan, and how it differs from the “official” program.  What’s working for you or not working for you?  I can’t wait to hear about it!

I’m learning that baby steps still take me somewhere!

1 Comment »

  1. Just so’s ya know, I am up to running about 24 minutes 3x’s a week. And before you get too excited for me, I run 30 seconds at a time! Since running is a little tough on my knees and hips just yet, I go to Curves. If you haven’t been, it’s a circuit system alternating strength machines and cardio stations. You move to a new station every 30 seconds. I run as hard as I can in place, so each time around the circuit is 6 minutes. I consistently do 4 - 5 rounds.

    But I can run at least 6 minutes straight, and I can run to and from the bustop for a forgotten backback without getting out of breath! Yea!

    Comment by Missy — June 24, 2007 @ 3:25 pm

No comments: