Sunday 11 March 2007

Dreaming . . .

I’m a dreamer, by nature. I often got into trouble in grade school for staring out the window and getting lost in dream worlds. Boy, have I had dreams. Dreams of being a famous novelist. Dreams of marring a dark, handsome cowboy and living on a ranch, dreams of opening and running a children’s hospital, dreams of working for the Make A Wish Foundation, dreams of traveling to exotic places, dreams of having movie stars fall madly in love with me…..and boy do I still have dreams.

I don’t really think my weight has much to do with my biggest dreams. I’m not at a size that prohibits me from doing many things I like. There are certainly things I could do better if I lost the rest of the weight I’d like to, like run, play volleyball, and put my legs behind my neck (have I ever mentioned that I’m double jointed? I could soooo be in a circus!), but I can still actually do these things.

But since others wrote about dreams that weren’t necessarily weight related, I am going to do the same thing.

I love taking pictures. I’m not especially talented at it. I’m not that great at the mechanics of it. But I do think I’ve been blessed with a creative eye. I can see things in ways others can’t sometimes. I enjoy playing around with the camera, with angles, and things of that nature.

I really need to take a few photography and photoshop classes. I’d like to improve on my photography skills (which are currently only mediocre). Then I would like to open a photography business. I’d love to do weddings, and family portraits. I’d love to be hired for parties and such.

But several years ago, while looking through some Samaritan’s Purse information, I had a revelation. Someone, a photographer, was taking those pictures of kids!! Samaritan’s Purse, Compassion International, and other charitable organizations like that, neededphotographers!! I became so excited when I realized this. This is something I would absolutely love to do!!

Not as a career exactly, but as mission work. Something I could volunteer some time for. I don’t even know how it would work. It’s something that I’m not at a point where it would work out for me to do so I haven’t researched it much. But it is something I have thought about for years, something I’ve shared with my family, something I think God put into my heart. Hopefully, something I will have the opportunity for in the future.

A pretty big dream. But hey? We have a pretty big God, right?

By the way, just as an update, my knee is okay. It’s still sore, but no major damage done!:D Thanks to you guys for your prayers!

3 Comments »

  1. I’m so glad that your knee is ok!

    I love taking photographs, too ;-) I took photography for a whole year in college… it was so fun!

    Comment by Anne — March 11, 2007 @ 8:32 pm

  2. I’m glad to hear that your knee is doing better!

    Comment by Cristina — March 12, 2007 @ 6:35 am

  3. I’m glad your knee is better Bethany :) I am just so excited for you in regard to your dream. What a wonderful idea! Praying that the Lord will continue to direct you in His timing and for His great purpose ((hugs))

    Comment by Blair — March 12, 2007 @ 12:11 pm

No comments: