Sunday 18 March 2007

What I ate on Friday (Debs)

This has not been the easiest week to pick a day to record what I ate. I’ve had migraines and also had some slightly strange days where I haven’t been on my normal routine. This is approximately what I ate on Friday, although since then I’ve driven down to Exeter to pick up my sister from university (which is a long way!), and been to church, and done some unpacking with HP and generally lots of things which mean I’ve probably forgotten something!

Breakfast (247 calories)

2 rashers unsmoked bacon, 1 egg and a glass of apple squash

Lunch (439 calories)

Chickpea salad, containing chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, turkey, cashew nuts and some olive oil.

Dinner (567 calories)

Vegetable and turkey stirfry with half a cup of rice. Then fruit salad for dessert, and a piece of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.

During the course of the day I also ate 2 apples (144 calories). Which all comes to a total of 1397 calories. Which doesn’t seem as many as I thought it would be. So, it may be that I’ve just underestimated or something, I’m not really sure. I might try counting my calories again one day this week to see how it compares.

(Updated when I had a flash of brilliance [was making my lunch for tomorrow] and realised I also had cashews in my lunch. Now the world makes sense again. Or something. Can you tell I’m tired?!)

Another Update:  Yes, I guess rasher = slice. It all depends, you can get it thick cut, but this was pretty thin.

Apple squash - sorry, I guess that does sound cryptic! It’s just an apple drink that you add water to. We call those sort of drinks ’squash’, maybe cos it’s supposed to suggest that the fruit had been squashed to make the drink! Who knows :-)

see this link which might help!

2 Comments »

  1. Out of curiosity, what is apple squash? And does “rasher” mean “slice?” I have heard that bacon in England is sliced really thick compared to the US; is that true?

    Comment by Brandi — March 18, 2007 @ 3:21 pm

  2. Same things I was going to ask, Brandi. Oh, do educate us, Debs!

    Comment by lady laura — March 18, 2007 @ 4:12 pm

No comments: