Sunday 18 March 2007

My food journal (Elly)

Well I logged my food for Thursday but somehow haven’t had time till now to write it up.

Breakfast (205)

cup of decaf tea with skim milk

200ml glass of tomato juice

1 poached egg

2 rashers bacon

1 tomato

Snack (76)

1 Laughing cow extra light cheese triangle

1 kiwi fruit

 

Lunch (587)

Houmous with vegetable sticks (carrot, cucumber, celery, bell pepper)

1 wholemeal pitta

 

Snack 115

1 orange

1 small packet of dried rasins and apricots

1 mushroom

cup of tea

 

Dinner (625)

2 Tbsp brown rice

coconut chicken (see Bekki’s post for link to recipe - I don’t know how to do that)

broccoli

 

I added in an allowance for skim milk in tea and coffee through the day and some fruit squash in the evening giving a grand total of 1750

 

Some guess work but it is about right. A fairly typical day though I often have some carbs for breakfast (oats in porridge or egg on toast) and maybe not at dinner, I think that suits me better. I ate the pitta with lunch as I was hungry after swimming. Unfortunatley that was my only serious exercise this week. There really doesn’t seem time for much but I know I could try harder to fit in little things. Maybe have to get that bike out now the weather is getting warmer and the days longer. We have had some really balmy days last week but it seems it will be colder this week with strong winds and possible snow showers. Just now it hailed for about 10 mins but now the sun is shining beautifully again. That is British weather for you. I know we go on about it but it just is so unpredictable.

Anyway a useful exercise counting calories I mean but I won’t be doing it that often as it is too much work.

No comments: