Thursday 29 March 2007

Review ~ Podfitness (Blest)


Now of course, it is probably no surprise to you when I say that I LOVE Podfitness.  But what may surprise you is that Podfitness likes US!  I got an email from them saying that they enjoy our website, and would I please officially review their product?  So of course I said “Sure!!” :grin:

If you don’t already know Podfitness is a website which allows you to mix your own music with workouts designed by well-known professional trainers.  There are over eighty trainers to choose from as well as a variety of workout options.  You select a trainer, select an exercise, select your music, and hit mix.  In just a few minutes, your new custom workout is sitting in your iTunes, ready to be downloaded to your iPod!  Coolness! 

There are other options to be explored as well, which allow you an even greater degree of customization.  You can set your workouts to “Home” or “Gym”, and tell Podfitness what equipment you have access to.  I, for example, have hand weights, a stationary bike, a treadmill, and stairs.  With those options checked, Podfitness “knows” what options to use in my workouts!  There is also a dial for controlling workout intensity, and a feedback section where you can rate your workouts and tell Podfitness what exercises you don’t want to reappear in your workouts. 

The best feature to me, hands down, is the ability to have workouts set to the music Ilove.  I firmly belive that music is absolutely essential to a successful workout.  Without it, I can’t go ten minutes! With it….who knows what can happen! 

Recent research shows music, often used in healing, can actually affect brain wave patterns. It can definitely get one energized. Music can oftentimes put you in a more positive mood (often an outcome of exercise in general), which is also beneficial to your health. The more fast-paced the music is, the more adrenaline you might experience. ~Liz Noelcke, Sparkpeople

Of course, the music that motivates one person to exercise may not work for another.  For example, I love working out to Rockapella!  The beats are not superfast, but the harmonies are incredible and the beat makes me happy!  I’ll keep pushing on through all sorts of tiredness because I want to hear the next song.  I also enjoy sweating to high-energy Christian pop like the Newsboys.  Someone else may prefer Metallica, or Bob Marley, or Sarah Brightman…who knows?  The beauty of Podfitness is that you can have your workout with the music that works for you! The only caveat is that the software doesn’t work with music that you have downloaded through iTunes.  (something to do with file format issues) However, if you burn your music to cd and then import it back into iTunes from the cd - it will work.  Minor hassle, but worth it to get the perfect tunes for your workout! 

Of course, having access to professional trainers is no small advantage either!  The workouts I have downloaded from trainers like Kathy Smith, Kathy Kaehler, Michael George, and Chris Klughe have all pushed me and stretched me (literally) far beyond what I was doing on my own.  After eight months of working out at home,  I was getting a little complacent…and a LOT bored. Podfitness has fixed that.  Having a friendly and encouraging voice in my ear telling me to up my intensity, tighten my abs, and push harder…   It helps like you wouldn’t believe!

I hate to be bored…and Podfitness definitely fights boredom. I can mix up the music, change out the trainers, pick a new exercise…  all with a few clicks while I drink my morning coffee!  It’s awesome!

What else can I tell you?  I really love this service!  If they had a t-shirt, I would have bought one already!  Even their customer service people are great. I’ve had to call a few times over minor issues, most related to my making sure I really was entered into theNational Fitness Challenge - and the guys on the phone have been very pleasant and helpful.  Oh - and speaking of the Challenge, it’s not too late to sign up! You have until April 29th to start your 12 week run for the prize! 

 rates 2car intreast loanmp3 5606 worldpeterka mp3 4er3000 dollars loansmp3 steps 56784f klub apa mp3mp3 5678s woohoostarchasers mp3 4heroMap

« Good quote   hello! »

3 Comments »

  1. Thanks for the review. Just today I was little bummed that my gym’s fitness challenge is over (names will be drawn for prizes next week) and wondering what I should do next. I’ve been going a little easy on the workouts this week. I’ll have to check out this Podfittness virus that has infected you. ;-)

    Comment by Anita — March 29, 2007 @ 2:03 pm

  2. So, do they speed up or slow down the beat of the music you choose to match their workout? I’m trying to envision this…

    Comment by Brandi — March 29, 2007 @ 2:27 pm

  3. No. They don’t mess with your music except that the volume of the music decreases while the trainer is talking. You just need to choose your music pretty well to have a tempo that will work. I tend to just pic stuff that is medium to medium high in speed throughout for cardio, medium for toning work, and slow- of course- for stretching workouts.

    Comment by blestwithsons — March 29, 2007 @ 3:51 pm

No comments: