Tuesday 1 May 2007

Checking In (Christy)

My scale is currently somewhere between the East and Gulf Coasts!  I forgot to put it aside, so the movers took it and I have no idea how much I weigh.

And considering how I’ve been eating, that’s probably a good thing!  With most of our household goods getting packed last week, we have mostly been eating out or to go.

And the whole no sugar thing lasted for three days.  But I am going to try it again as soon as we are settled.  I found that I just can’t eat 85% dark chocolate at this point.  the 75% was good and satisfied my cravings, so I’ll use that for my treat, and try to work my way up to 85% as I cut out more sugar.  Oh, and I’ve decided that I’m probably going to wean Audrey when she hits 6 months (one more month) so that I can really cut my calories and hopefully not have this raging hunger all the time.  I know most people lose weight with breastfeeding, but I haven’t found that to be the case for me!

Anyway, we’ll be on the road for next Monday’s weigh-in, but hopefully I’ll settle in fast and then be around more!

*edited to add- Congrats to the QOM winners!!!

2 Comments »

  1. Have a great trip Christy!

    I did better after weaning too. I only nursed for five months. So you did better than me! :D

    I think waiting until you’ve settled down a bit is probably a good idea to start the no sugar. A crazy, stressful time is NOT a good time to make a change like that! :D

    Comment by Bethany — May 2, 2007 @ 4:19 am

  2. Y’know…not to shock anyone - but I agree with Bethany. (I mean shock about not starting your withdrawal right now - not shock that I agree with Bethany) If you were solidly established on your eating plan - moving wouldn’t be a good reason to stop. But to try and start a new regime in the middle of moving/pre-deployment seems like a recipe for failure and then guilt.

    Personally, I’d say just make as many healthy choices as you can - like ordering water instead of soda, packing some fruits and veggies to munch in the car, and ordering as well as you can in restaurants. But other than that, don’t be too hard on yourself. There’s plenty of time to knuckle down once you’re settled in!

    Have a Happy Move, Sweetie!!

    Comment by blest — May 2, 2007 @ 6:37 am


No comments: