Saturday 19 May 2007

Thoughts on Slow Progress (Tracy)

I’ve been here since the beginning, and slowly making my way down.  This last month has been incredibly stressful.  The worst part for me has been the fact that I have not been able to access online weight loss support (due to the computer problems - fixed now, and home!), or go to my weekly weight loss support group either.  I have found it to be interesting though that I have changed somewhat in my eating habits. 

Even though I have not been doing what I need to do to be able to lose weight, I have been easily maintaining my weight.  Instead of stressing out and eating eating eating - I have been doing other things.  Praying.  Writing.  Reading.  So instead of showing up after a long absence saying - ugh, I did everything wrong and I am paying for it - I am saying, Hi!  I’m fully back and motivated, and I am still at 248.  Time to kick into action again though.

I have been frustrated with myself.  I look at others who have been on this journey and say to myself - they did it.  They lost weight.  A lot of weight.  Why haven’t I?  And then I look in the mirror and say - um, you know exactly why!  You eat too much.  You don’t exercise enough.  No excuses for me!

I can really beat myself up about that, but then I stop and think - would I beat someone up about it?  Or say - okay - that’s in the past.  I know what to do.  Don’t worry about yesterday in this case.  Just move on to the future.  The key being to move.

I’m doing core Weight Watchers now, and enjoying it.  We’re struggling with baseball/softball season and getting food on the table in time for everyone to eat.  But it’s summer, time to walk, mow the yard (I did half of ours last Saturday (the yard is HUGE)! - owwww, but great exercise), whatever it takes to DO IT. 

Final thought for my slow progress self.  How much would I weigh today if not for this journey I’m on?  I think it would be much more.  More than my start weight.  Instead, I can say -okay, I’m down 16 lbs.  Let’s see how many more I can do before my first year is up.auto table amortization loanhome acorn loansloans bad advance creditgrants loan educational alabamaloan online 1000 paydayloan bad credit $5000unsecured 300,000 loans personalabe utah sloanMap

3 Comments »

  1. Weigh to go! I think half the battle, no matter how much weight we have to lose, is the internal emotional one. Yes, eating less will help the loss, but the thought process that goes on inside is where the battle is at.

    I’m cheering you on! Stick to the W.W. plan and certainly don’t beat yourself up! Each day is a new day. :-)

    Comment by Anita — May 19, 2007 @ 6:26 am

  2. Tracy we love having you here with us. I’ve been learning recently that so much of the battle is the battle in the mind, with the emotions and breaking habits. You can do it. Take each day one day at a time, and remember that we’re here cheering you on.
    Big hugs :grin:

    Comment by Debs — May 19, 2007 @ 6:59 am

  3. Slow progress can be frustrating. When I started out, oh, 8 weeks ago or so, I had dreams of losing 4 to 5 pounds a week. That hasn’t materialized. Thankfully, I’ve been able to post a loss every week since first starting, and I’m averaging about 2 pounds per week. Keep it up!

    Comment by Bird — May 19, 2007 @ 9:57 am

No comments: